Re: KDE 3.5 taskbar usability issue

On Sunday 23 April 2006 14:57, Hendrik Sattler wrote:

> > Ideally it would be nice if I could manually reorder them, but I'd settle
> > for the 3.4 behavior.
> >
> > Anyone know how I can get the older, better behavior back?
>
> Please try to take a look at the configuration options. There is one to
> enable alphabetic sorting with respect to the task names.
>
> However, strange that you work desktop oriented, not task oriented...

Ah, thank you!  I don't know how I missed that checkbox when I was playing
with the drop down right below it. :-)

And I do work task-oriented, but my tasks are not application-limited.  I'm a
web developer, so I'll have a Kate window, Konqueror (browser) window,
Konqueror (file manager) window, GIMP window, etc. open all at once.  I don't
want all of the konqueror windows clustered together, especially when I'll
have five open to different sites (the site I'm working on, references, a
site I'm studying, etc.) and it's confusing if they're all together instead
of nicely spaced out.

I also like my "common" tasks, like KMail or Gaim, to always be on all
desktops.  That also then puts those flush-left, always, which makes more
grouping sense to me.

Once again, thanks!

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42