Re: Konqueror and Amarok

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 22:54, Cedric Macquat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Debian Sid on my computer and I have KDE 3.4.2. I
> have the following problems with Konqueror and Amarok:
>
> - when I use Konqueror some characters doesn't display properly.
> Instead of a character I become an empty box. An example is
> http://en.wikipedia.org. On that website the characters for
> languages japanese, korean an georgian for example doesn't display
> properly. I think it has something to do with fonts, but I don't
> know which font I have to install and what I have to configure.
> - another problem is with amarok. I would like to listen to cd with
> amarok, but I can't. Amarok display the songs of the cd, but when I
> try to listen to one song i get no sound. With xmms it work
> properly for example. I tried all engines and each time i got no
> sound.

You are really using KDE 3.4.2?

I'm doing updates via ftp.jyu.fi.
It seems that there is currently only version 1.2.4-1 of amaroK
available, and it depends on kdelibs4. But because of ABI
transformation, upgraded, version 3.4.2 kdelibs4 is in package
kdelibs4c2 that conflicts with kdelibs4. So installing newer kdelib
removes original package, that amaroK depends from.

So, it should be "impossible" to use KDE 3.4.2 and amaroK at the same
time?