Re: KDE 3.4 Update

* Tatu Portin <axel86@mbnet.fi> [2005 Nov 18 15:40 -0600]:
> I understand that while the ABI transformation from vers. 1 to version
> 2 is in progress, you cannot successfully update whole KDE system. I
> tried with aptitude, but some programs would be left broken because
> they don't yet have newer versions available in testing.
>
> Does anybody know, how long the transformation is going to take?

In Unstable it was several weeks, at least a month, before most of the
packages made the transition.  For some reason, since everything was
now working in Sid, I thought that it would all dump into Etch at once.
Apparently, this is not the case so I would expect the same time table.

Except for k3b the deleted packages didn't affect me.  I'm getting by
with XCDRoast which must now use GTK2 since my KDE fonts and style were
active in it.  Yea!

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of