Re: KDE 3.5 Release Candidate 1 packages available on alioth

Christopher Martin wrote:
> [Please follow-up to debian-kde@lists.debian.org only. Thanks.]
>
> 3.5 RC1 PACKAGES
> ================
>
> The Debian Qt/KDE team has been hard at work, and would like to announce the
> availability of packages for KDE 3.5 Release Candidate 1. These packages
> have not been uploaded to the archive, not even experimental, but are
> available from the pkg-kde alioth repository. They are still rough and
> experimental, so don't use them unless you're willing to risk a broken
> desktop. You can access the packages by adding the following lines to your
> sources.list:
>
> deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.5-rc1 ./
> deb-src http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.5-rc1 ./

First of all, thanks for your work.
Looking at the packages I noticed that they are still compiled against
the old hal/dbus packages from unstable. Wouldn't it have been worthwile
to choose the uptodate hal/dbus versions from experimental? There have
been major advances in this versions and IIRC the GNOME 2.12 packages in
experimental also use new hal/dbus version already.

Cheers,
Michael

P.S.: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.
universe are pointed away from Earth?