Re: Gmail & Konqueror?

On Tuesday 26 July 2005 00:13, Larry Garfield wrote:
> On Monday 25 July 2005 04:43 pm, Douglas Stanley Jr. wrote:
> > On Monday 25 July 2005 04:32 pm, Robert Tilley wrote:
> > > Why does Gmail continue to tell me: "If you wish a better Gmail
> > > experience, use a supported browser?"
> >
> > I guess Google doesn't think Konq is worth supporting, that it's market
> > share isn't high enough. Considering Google's roots, and the kind of
> > people that work there, I'm a bit surprised at that.
>
> In Google's defense, I've not been able to get decent Ajax (XmlHttpRequest)
> working under Konqueror, either.  I don't know any Ajax-using site that
> supports Konqueror.  Mayhaps if Konqueror supported Mozilla-style
> XmlHttpRequest objects, it would support these new fangled features.

AFAIK Konqueror has had AJAX crap for longer than Mozilla. Generally we
support the MSIE variants though when there is a difference (because Ajax is
a MSIE extension), but because Mozilla couldn't manage to copy MSIE well
enough ,all the ajax sites out there now send browser specific JS code, and
often broken code to browsers they don't recognize.

`Allan