Re: Upgrading KDE and it's dependencies

Am Freitag, 8. Juli 2005 05.45 schrieb Bob Proulx:
> Just the same, I can't see any documentation that says mixing apt-get
> and aptitude is bad...

Any thoughts on using concurrently apt-get, synaptic, and kpackage? I had
always thought that these use the same database so that each would be aware
of the changes of the others, but perhaps this isn't so?

Also, to the point of this thread: I have also experienced problems with
installing or deinstalling KDE programs, especially digikam, where both
aptitude and synaptic insisted on removing most of KDE for this. The first
time I didn't read and it ruined KDE, the second time I quit the
installation.

Theo Schmidt