Re: Upgrading KDE and it's dependencies

Theo Schmidt wrote:

> Am Freitag, 8. Juli 2005 05.45 schrieb Bob Proulx:
>> Just the same, I can't see any documentation that says mixing apt-get
>> and aptitude is bad...
>
> Any thoughts on using concurrently apt-get, synaptic, and kpackage? I had
> always thought that these use the same database so that each would be
> aware of the changes of the others, but perhaps this isn't so?

There's absolutely no problem with kpackage - it's still using apt-get under
the hood (unless something's changed very recently).  I don't know about
synaptic because I think it's a crippled POS :-)  (for some odd reason, the
kubuntu folks are set on kynaptic - the kde version of synaptic - rather
than the much better kpackage).
--
derek