Re: KDE, CUPS and USB printer

On Friday 01 July 2005 23:39, Ulrich Fürst wrote:
> Michael Schuerig <michael@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > installed already. CUPS printing works with another printer
> > attached to  the serial port.
> >
> > lsusb doesn't list any external device
>
> Is there a "/dev/usb/lp0" in your system?

No, doesn't exist. When I try to create it with MAKEDEV usb, MAKEDEV
claims to create that device, among others, but doesn't actually do so
in /dev, but, if I'm not mistaken, in /dev/.static. This is probably
due to udev, which I installed (+ restart) prompted by Lawrence
Williams's reply.

I appreciate any suggestions that help me solve this, but I realize that
there's hardly any relation to KDE anymore, which was scant from the
outset. Thus I'll better take this to a more appropriate forum.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  Airtight arguments have
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        vacuous conclusions.