Re: KDE, CUPS and USB printer

On Saturday 02 July 2005 01:21, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> On Friday 01 July 2005 23:39, Ulrich Fürst wrote:
> > Michael Schuerig <michael@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > > installed already. CUPS printing works with another printer
> > > attached to  the serial port.
> > >
> > > lsusb doesn't list any external device
> >
> > Is there a "/dev/usb/lp0" in your system?
>
> No, doesn't exist.

Oh, well, it does exist and is automatically added -- I just have to
switch the d*mn printer on.

> If yes what does a
> # cat $TEXT_FILE > /dev/usb/lp0
> do?

The printer spits out a blank page. That's probably okay as I don't
think it is supposed to be able to print plain text.

Still, in the Printer Wizard, there's nothing below the USB node.
Extrapolating from how the URL for my parallel printer looks, I've
tried to add the printer with the URI usb:/dev/usb/lp0, but that
doesn't work.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                  There is no matrix,
mailto:michael@schuerig.de        only reality.