Re: KDE 3.4.3 font handling (Unicode)

El Sábado, 31 de Diciembre de 2005 07:12, Arne Götje (高盛華) escribió:
> Apps like Mozilla and also Gnome use fontconfig to decide from which
> fonts the 'missing' glyphs should be taken.
>
> AFAIK qt apps don't use fontconfig, or the font selection process
> doesn't work correctly. Anyways, it doesn't work properly.

AFAIK, Qt _uses_ fontconfig, but I also noticed different behaviour of Qt
applications.

Here, Konqueror doesn't show the same amount of glyphs that Firefox. Try for
example:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_mathematical_symbols

In that page, the "proportional to" or "for all" symbols, appear as boxes in
Konqueror, but are rendered OK in Firefox (well, in my computer at least). I
tried playing with the default font settings in both, without seeing any
change. I also made a test page which changes the font family with
javascript, and still the same.

Then I made the attached program (compile with qmake -project; qmake; make),
and still no luck. The japanese and greek characters are displayed, but the
mathematical symbols are not.

I will try to investigate further, but I'm not very sure about where. :)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net

int main(int argc, char *argv[])