Very slow "Open with..." in KMail

Hello,
I have used KDE for a long time. And for a few months I have a problem which I
don't know how to cope with.
Sometimes I get attachments in KMail. I click right mouse button on them and
select open with... from context menu. And here my problem appears - I have
to wait for 3-60 (approximately) seconds before dialog box with programs to
choose will appear on the screen. It is always reproducible. It depends
somehow on size of the attachment (the bigger one, the longer I have to
wait).
It is at least irritating to me. I have observed it in at least all 3.4.x KDE
versions (currently 3.4.3 Debian packages).
I have tried to run strace on kmail, but even with -f switch (follow forks)
times reported by the tool were bizarre (less than a second, when I had 10
seconds delay).
I have tried to search the google, without any results.
How can I do something with the problem?

Best regards,
Robert

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.epf.pl/