Re: Is there anything I can do to help getting kdebindings updated

* Adeodato Simó [Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:31:47 +0200]:

> * David Goodenough [Mon, 17 Oct 2005 12:12:02 +0100]:

> > Almost all of KDE has now completed the transition through the ABI change and
> > to 3.4.2, but the kdebindings have not made it yet.  There is a bug raised
> > for the transition, but it is 34 days old.

> > I am not a DD, but I have done some work with the java bindings before, and
> > if there is anything I can do to help I would be happy to do so, although my
> > other language skills are limited.

>   I've started working on 3.4.2 kdebindings packages today. This will
>   take a bit of time, since the (messy) build-system has to be converted
>   to cdbs, several patches reviewed and re-diffed, mipsen builds tested,
>   and gcc4 ICEs tested for. There's not much you can do to help with
>   this, I'm afraid, other than exercise your patience a bit...

>   OTOH, once kdebindings 3.4.2-1 gets uploaded with a cleaner build
>   system and all, I'd be happy to see some interested person step to
>   help with its maintenance, since it's a package me (and I believe
>   other Qt/KDE team members) find tiresome to work with.

  OK, this is done now [1, 2].

    [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2005/10/msg01819.html
    [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2005/10/msg01854.html

  Thanks for your patience, please report any problems you may find.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Mankind are very odd creatures: one half censure what they practice, the
other half practice what they censure; the rest always say and do as
they ought.
                -- Michel de Montaigne