Re: building kaffeine

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 15:23 +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried building kaffeine via apt-build in a mixed etch/sid environment
> (KDE from sid, most other packages from etch).
>
> I run pbuilder to satisfy build-dependencies, and installed everything it
> couldn't install from Etch manually from Sid.
>
> Then I ran apt-build kaffeine and got:

--snip--

> checking for gcc... cc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
> compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
> make: *** [config.status] Fehler 77

I had the exact same problem. So, I used another method I saw in a
message from Giacomo Lacava:

	apt-get source kaffeine
	cd kaffeine-0.6
	dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D && cd ..
	dpkg -i kaffeine_0.6-1_i386.deb

I had no problem at all following this method as opposed to using
apt-build.

Rick
--
Rick's Law: What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.