building kaffeine

Hello,

I tried building kaffeine via apt-build in a mixed etch/sid environment
(KDE from sid, most other packages from etch).

I run pbuilder to satisfy build-dependencies, and installed everything it
couldn't install from Etch manually from Sid.

Then I ran apt-build kaffeine and got:

checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for kde-config... /usr/bin/kde-config
checking where to install... /usr (as requested)
checking for gcc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
make: *** [config.status] Fehler 77

I tried whether gcc is able to build binaries with a simple hello world
application and it worked nice. I use

gcc (GCC) 4.0.1 (Debian 4.0.1-2)

I changed to /var/cache/apt-build/kaffeine-0.6/ and typed "./configure"
there. It worked nicely.. I typed "make" and it also seemed to have
worked nicely, I saw now critical errors and at least there is a binary I
can start.

I am quite new to using apt-build. Are there any additional steps
required? During installing 0.12.10 of apt-build debconf asks for
additional options for GCC and make. I just pressed enter to accept the
empty defaults.

Well if efforts are already underway for a new kaffeine package do not
bother to spend much time to answer. Maybe I should get into this some
more and help out building packages. But it will be difficult for me to
take enough time to build packages so I might only build few packages.

Aside I have KPlayer again and this is nice enough already.

Regards,