Re: icon view crash [3.4.2] (Re: media kioslave crashes, causes konq to crash too)

Am Freitag 09 September 2005 01:38 schrieb Daniel Andor:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 10:20 pm, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > It might also make sense to try it with a bog standard KDE
> > configuration by doing "mv ~/.kde ~/.kde.off". If that "fixes" the
> > crash you could try which configuration file triggers it. Most likely
> > its one from Konqueror like konquerorrc.
>
> A bit of experimenting showed that this:
>
> [Settings]
> EnableSoundPreviews=true
>
> in the file .kde/share/config/konqiconviewrc

Hello Daniel,

I put this option in my konqiconviewrc and it works nicely here. I now
have this in there:

[Settings]
DontPreview=
PreviewsEnabled=true
EnableSoundPreviews=true
SortDirsFirst=true
SortingCriterion=sort_nci

Maybe something is wrong with your arts setup.

Did you try directly after upgrading? amarok complained about arts not
beeing accessible the first time I started it and told me I should try
"killall -9 artsd" and restart amarok then. Well this did it for me.

Hmmm, wait, once I had a crash now too. But the other two times I tested
it it worked okay. Maybe there is some race condition.

Further testing here yields that it crashes when I first use the detailed
view, go over a mpeg file with the mouse pointer - I can hear no sound
preview in this mode - then switch to icon mode and go over the same
mpeg3 file with the mouse pointer. Well I do not even need to do that,
its just enough to switch to icon mode and wait some seconds till
Konqueror crashes. I do not get a KDE Crash manager window at all.

When I just switch to from detailed view to icon view without going over
an mpeg3 file with the mouse pointer, and go over an mpeg3 file with the
mouse pointer sound preview works here nicely.

Anyone able to reproduce this behavior? I do not have more time at the
moment but will revisit the problem later. A bug report about this makes
sense IMHO.

Regards,