Re: icon view crash [3.4.2] (Re: media kioslave crashes, causes konq to crash too)

Am Donnerstag 08 September 2005 22:54 schrieb Daniel Andor:

> On further investigation, it appears to crash whenever konq is using
> the large icon view, so perhaps nothing to do with the media ioslave
> (as hinted by the backtrace).  The backtrace is exactly the same.

Hello Daniel,

hmmm icon view seems to work nicely here with KDE 3.4.2. Also with media:/

I am quite pleased with stability here in general.

But well this is still day one with KDE 3.4.2 so let's see how it goes.

> How do I go debugging from here?  All my packages appear to be upto
> date, and I didn't have this problem before upgrading to 3.4.2.

Maybe try "strace konqueror" to find out what Konqueror is trying to do
when it crashes. But as strace gives lots of output it might not be easy
to find the culprit.

You may also want to search bug trackers from KDE and Debian for similar
findings.

It might also make sense to try it with a bog standard KDE configuration
by doing "mv ~/.kde ~/.kde.off". If that "fixes" the crash you could try
which configuration file triggers it. Most likely its one from Konqueror
like konquerorrc.

Regards,