Re: Kvim broken in alioth

On Friday 27 May 2005 20:26, Nick Leverton wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 08:05:59PM +0200, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> > > all the kvim authors moved over to kyzis (already working better then
> > > kvim ever did IMO). see www.yzis.org, they have deb packages
> > > available.
> >
> > Could you specify what is better with yzis compared to kvim? I can't
> > find anything that is better.
>
> I'd certainly like to know.  Neither yzis nor kyzis works when filled
> into the Vim component selection of kcontrol.  I get an error "your Vim
> does not propvide any GUI support".

That's the configuration thing for vimpart which has nothing at all to do
with any non vim-? editors (hence it won't recognize kyzis, or other
vi-alike editors)

Kyzis works as  kpart conforming to the texteditor interface
-> you need to set it as the preferred component for embedded viewing of
whatever mime-type you want to open in it.
-> it also works in e.g kdevelop
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)