Re: Kvim broken in alioth

On Friday 27 May 2005 20:05, Robert Lindgren wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 19:09, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> > On Friday 27 May 2005 16:14, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, I just found:
> > > http://www.inittab.de/blog/2005/03/28#20050328_dropping-kvim
> > >
> > >  According to popcon, kvim is the most often installed vim package
> > > after vim and vim-common.
> > >
> > > But it is not maintained...
> >
> > all the kvim authors moved over to kyzis (already working better then
> > kvim ever did IMO). see www.yzis.org, they have deb packages available.
>
> Could you specify what is better with yzis compared to kvim? I can't find
> anything that is better.

I always found the kvim ui to very quirky, with several very annying (to me)
bugs, like the one where the window automatically started shrinking when
you opened it, or when it started shrinking

Those quirks always annoyed me enough that I never really used kvim, as I
always got frustrated with the gui fast, Kyzis so far hasn't really annoyed
me  (but then my vi usage is fairly basic).
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)