Re: kompmgr

* Benjamin Kudria [Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:52:42 -0500]:
> Is there a reason kompmgr isn't included in the repository?  I understand that
> the packages are built with an XFree environment in mind, but if kompmgr is
> included anyway, XFree users won't experience breakage, they'll just get a
> 'go and get the latest xorg' message in the translucency settings dialog.
> But Xorg users (like me) will get the full benefit.  could kompmgr please be
> included?

  It seems to me that kompmgr needs some headers from the X.org version
  to get compiled (see [1]), so it can't be compiled in an XFree
  environment.

    [1] http://webcvs.kde.org/kdebase/kwin/kompmgr/configure.in.in?rev=1.1.1.1&view=markup

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for that
rare story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge.
                -- Erwin Knoll