kompmgr

Is there a reason kompmgr isn't included in the repository?  I understand that
the packages are built with an XFree environment in mind, but if kompmgr is
included anyway, XFree users won't experience breakage, they'll just get a
'go and get the latest xorg' message in the translucency settings dialog.
But Xorg users (like me) will get the full benefit.  could kompmgr please be
included?

PS. Please CC me any replies, I'm not subscribed.