Re: media:/ in 3.4-pre broken?

Am Montag, 21. März 2005 14:54 schrieb Joerg Platte:

> I have exactly the same problem on one of my computers. I can mount devices
> using pmount and KDE mounts removable devices, too. But the IO-slave does
> not detect this and dies. The same setup (as far I can remember) works
> without any problems on my notebook, but I can't reproduce it on my other
> computer. Has anybody solved this issue?

After removing the symlink "/etc/mtab -> /proc/mounts" kio_media does not
crash any longer. The ioslave seems to have a problem with parsing the
contents of /proc/mounts.

Now, I was able to mount devices using KDE. But another problem remains. How
can I disable the "sync" mount option? This option might be suitable for
small USB memory sticks only, since it reduces the write performance
dramatically. This prevents usage of the kio_media for USB harddisks. How can
I disable the sync option?

regards,
Joerg