Re: KMail Suggests: (was Re: The KMail PGP/MIME problem solved: gnupg-agent in Debian)

Am Montag, 21. März 2005 11:29 schrieb Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda:
> I have read the thread because I have had to compile my selft the soft, so
> this new option is great..
>
> A Dilluns 21 Març 2005 11:02, Hendrik Sattler va escriure:
>
> > You make a new entry in "use-gpg-agent" in /etc/X11/Xsession.options.
> > The gnupg-agent maintainer did not like this solution, though :-/
>
> Why?

Hmm, "did not like" maybe was a bit wrong, that part probably got lost in the
conversation about the gpgsm split-off.
You'd probably have success with submitting this as patches to the gnupg-agent
package.

Another suggestion:
$ cat /usr/bin/gpg-agent
#!/bin/sh
if test ! -e $HOME/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf; then
cat >$HOME/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf <<EOF
pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 1800
EOF
fi
exec /usr/bin/gpg-agent.real "$@"

With the above, you get a default configuration for free.

HS