Re: Where do i get 3.4?

Le Mer 16 Mars 2005 21:52, Timo Springmann a écrit :
> Hi there,
> > So now the moment has finally arrived! but I don't see the new kdm
> > on aleroth yet.  Any idea how much longer we'll have to wait?
> as long as there are no official packages for kdm you can find
> unofficial packages here:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-qt-kde/2005/03/msg00063.html
> They're absolutly unsoported (as written in the thread) but works
> without problems here since two days.

just to be complete, the package itself in its functionalities is OK.
the problem is the one dato underlined in his mail : this package won't
make a smooth upgrade from your previous kdm config. so If you don't
mind configuring kdm from kcontrol again from scratch, then you can use
it without fear.

that's what I did, and it runs nicely.

and the switch user is nice (even if using my box alone, it's not that
useful to me ;p)
·O·  Pierre Habouzit