Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

On Monday 21 February 2005 06:52, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 10:58, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> > > Yes. And for a barebones kde install, you need kdebase, kdelibs and
> > > arts.
> >
> > arts is not absolutely necessary...
>
> You know, you are probably right, though I believe you actually can't avoid
> installing it. IIRC arts is just a meta package for basic components of
> arts. All these are already installed by either kdebase, kdelibs or by
> dependancies further down the cascade. So you are stuck with arts weither
> you like it or not.

Well, no.  You can remove any of those packages and they in turn will remove
kde-core (using apt-get or kpackage - if you use aptitude and it removes all
a metapackage's dependencies, I can only say it's a pathetic excuse for a
package manager - I tried it once and discovered it also ignores my package
holds).  You do need all of those metapackage's immediate dependencies.

But for the purposes of the OP, if you want to get rid of, e.g., kteatime but
keep kmoon, you _have_ to remove the metapackage kdetoys.
--
derek