Re: What's the best way to safely remove kde apps?

Am Montag, 21. Februar 2005 14:30 schrieb Derek Broughton:
> Well, no.  You can remove any of those packages and they in turn will
> remove kde-core (using apt-get or kpackage - if you use aptitude and it
> removes all a metapackage's dependencies, I can only say it's a pathetic
> excuse for a package manager - I tried it once and discovered it also
> ignores my package holds).  You do need all of those metapackage's
> immediate dependencies.
>
> But for the purposes of the OP, if you want to get rid of, e.g., kteatime
> but keep kmoon, you _have_ to remove the metapackage kdetoys.

Please, please read the aptitude integrated help and discover what 'm' and 'M'
can do for you.
What you describe is a bug, not a feature: if anything in the meta package is
removed, aptitude will remove it automatically on upgrade when it is marked
as dependency installed ('A'). This is the big bonus of using aptitude
instead of apt-get.

HS