Re: System notifications not working

El Lunes 14 Febrero 2005 09:14, Andrew Ingram escribió:
> Hi List.

Hi Andrew

> Ever since KDE 3.3 my system notifications haven't been working (ie the
> sounds when KDE starts up, and certain error sounds I had defined). It
> was definitely working under KDE 3.1, but it might have gone at the 3.2
> upgrade, I'm not really sure when.
>
> When I go to the Control Center-> Sound System and "Test Sound", I hear
> the jingle just fine. However, going to the system notifications, and
> clicking on the little "play" button next to a notification, I hear
> nothing. I'm assuming that somewhere along the way, a new Debian package
> became used to play these and I dont have it for some reason (this is
> happening on 3 Debian/Sid/KDE boxes of mine).

I remember someone had this problem not much time ago. Hey! it's still in my
mailbox

Tim Folger wrote:
"For anyone who might be interested I managed to fix my sound problems.
After reading Adeodato Simo's message a few days ago about the
libflac6 issue being solved, I upgraded my system. After the upgrade
root had system sounds working again but normal users did not. I
finally managed to get system sounds back for normal users by opening
~/.kde/share/config and deleting two files: knotify.eventsrc and
knotifyrc. When I restarted kde these two files were regenerated and
all system notification sounds were restored."

Next time remember to search the archives.