Re: kdm can't start X

Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 17.49 schrieb Patrick Dreker:
> Am Montag, 10. Januar 2005 19:11 schrieb Theo Schmidt:
> > Can anybody tell me how to get kdm working? Where is the crucial config
> > file, or is it easier to remove kdm and install it again?
>
> First check /home/USER/.xsession-errors (USER being the User you tried to
> login with), and look there for problems.

This is what's in it (bad pun!):

--------------------------------

/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w /var/log/wtmp
-u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "theo"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
startkde: Starting up...
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/Amaranth/
group scalable/apps not valid.
kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/Amaranth/
group scalable/emblems not valid.
hundreds of of similar WARNINGS
kdecore (KIconLoader): WARNING: Icon directory /usr/share/icons/hicolor/ group
48x48/stock/text not valid.
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
QPixmap: Cannot create a QPixmap when no GUI is being used
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
  Major opcode:  10
  Minor opcode:  0
  Resource id:  0x2c001b1

...repeated three times

Mutex destroy failure: Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt

** (nautilus:1364): WARNING **: destroyed file still being monitored

...repeated three times

(nautilus:1364): Bonobo-WARNING **: Leaked a total of 5 refs to 5 bonobo
object(s)
kded: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdesud: ERROR: Fatal IO error, exiting...

Unfortunately I can't see when these errors occurred. The PC has only been in
operation for a few says, initially with gdm.

> X itself is actually running already (otherwise kdm would not show up), so
> X itself doesn't seem to be the problem.

Yes, no problem starting manually.

Theo Schmidt