Re: java plug-in (sablevm)

Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2005 12:47 schrieb Rafael Rodríguez:
> El Jueves, 6 de Enero de 2005 11:12, Michael Koch escribió:
> > Some of the "facts" in this document are outdated and others are
> > just wrong or incomplete.I will try to get some free time to
> > update it.
>
> Can u give us a little informal intro? Would be nice to know about
> the actual status of debian java... and konqui possibilities with
> it too!

We try to support as much as possible. Kaffe, sablevm and
jamvm/classpath are the most complete runtimes because they release
more often then GCJ (this is bound to GCC releases).

A big problem is that we don't get enough feedback from users with bug
reports. More bug reports would be wonderful. All the people out
there seem to like to use (buggy) proprietary software more than free
software and report issues if there are some. Free Java in Debian is
good. It supports many things like Tomcat 5 or Eclipse 3. People
should really try it.

Michael
--
Homepage: http://www.worldforge.org/