Re: Can we lose the 'KDE is cool' blurb, please

On Monday 08 November 2004 16:36, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Andrew Schulman [Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:20:38 -0500]:
> > > I recently wondered what kooka was and entered 'apt-cache show kooka'.
> > > It tells me how cool KDE is, but only at the end do I see what kooka
> > > is.  Same with all (most?) other KDE packages.
> > >
> > > Can we lose that 'KDE is cool' blurb in every package description,
> > > please (except in the kde metapackage obviously and probably the
> > > kdebase/kdelibs packages.) It doesn't add any relevant information and
> > > makes it harder to locate the information which I actually want to see.
> >
> > I agree, it gets annoying to read that same little promo attached to
> > every KDE package.
>
>   patches are very welcome. pick your favourite kde app and write a nice
>   description for it. could even work, if each user here would prepare
>   one.

Except it's not a matter of writing a description - most of them have an
adequate description.  What they also have is: "KDE is a powerful Open Source
graphical desktop environment for Unix workstations. It combines ease of use,
contemporary functionality, and outstanding graphical design with the
technological superiority of the Unix operating system. "  This particular
line was taken from KUser, but I think it's the same throughout.  It's just
noise.  Removing that part from kuser would leave:
"KDE user/group administration tool. A user/group administration tool for KDE.
This package is part of the official KDE admin module."

I think that's sufficient. btw, somebody added the redundant blurb to this
after the fact - because it's inserted in the wrong place - resulting in no
period at the end of the first sentence of the description and two at the end
of the noise.
--
derek