Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

Silvan wrote:

On Friday 20 August 2004 05:39 am, Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:
Just out of curiosity.  Did you find any usefull information on getting
your sound system to work with alsa.  I've installed the alsa packages and
run alsasetup (sorry I'm not sure if that's exactly what it was called),
but I still get oss modules loaded and a device error on boot.  I can't
seem to figure out what modules I do and don't need.

By discover, I imagine. The modules you *do* need have "snd" in them somewhere, and the ones you don't do not.

eg. you do want snd-emu10k1 but you do not want emu10k1
Hi Sylvan.

That was good to know.  But still when I try:

jackd -d alsa

I get :
paul@joy:~/tex/pima/f2004/tec239$ sudo jackd -d alsa
jackd 0.98.1
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Illegal instruction

Any ideas?

TIA,