kde network programs very unstable since upgrade to 3.3.2

Hi,
I've recently upgraded a couple of machines from 3.3.0 and
3.2 to kde 3.3.1 respectively (or whichever the latest of
everything in sid is). Since rebooting every program that
uses libkdenetwork (i think) has become prone to freezing
permanently and in some cases freezing everything else in
kde too. On one machine merely accessing the internet will
freeze the system.

I've already recreated all my .kde preferences and this
seems to fix things temporarily but

a) I'm fed up with losing all my kde preferences after
upgrades (this isn't the first time I've had to)
b) The problem seems to come back this time after a couple
of days.

Generally I'm not too impressed with the stability of 3.3 in
Debian. My transition to 3.2 went much more smoothly.

Has anyone else had harsh upgrade problems? Right now I'm
chronically aware of why 3.3 shouldn't go into Sarge. The
3.2 packages hold together much better.

sorry to be negative, i'm usually very impressed with the
package standard. Might part of the problem be intra-kde
package dependencies that are not tight enough?