Re: KDE 2.3.2, KDE 3.3, Blender 2.34 == Trouble???

On Thursday 09 September 2004 8:21 am, Bob Tilley (AT&T) wrote:
> I use Blender 2.34 on a Debian unstable box with KDE and apt-get update
> nightly.
>
> Blender recently began display strange, "blocky" behavior.  The cursor in
> Blender would not smoothly transition as I moved the mouse.  Inverted
> blocks of color would follow the cursor on the screen and when clicking
> through menus.
>
> Blender is useless in this mode.
>
> I never had problems previously, however I recently updated KDE from 2.3.2
> to 3.3 and believe the cause to be a problem in the underlying libraries.
> Perhaps a different window manager will solve my problem.  I am
> cross-posting this to debian-kde and Elysiun.
>
> Any ideas are most appreciated,
> Bob
> tilleyrw@cfl.rr.com

Are you using XCursor mouse cursors?  (You know, the new mouse cursors that
are full color, have alpha blending, drop shadows?)  I found that turning
them off solved this problem.

Put the line "Xcursor.core: 1" in your .Xresources file to turn them off.

Doug