Re: How to get rid of KVim

Please do *not* CC people off-list unless they specifically request it. I am
obviously subscribed to the list, so there is absolutely no need for it.

Furthermore, I munge my address on the list so as to avoid it being stored in
the archives and getting picked up by spammers' address harvesters. By
deliberately de-munging it and including it in your response, you have
ensured it gets stored on the list.

On Thursday, 24 Jun 2004 05:41, Ben Burton wrote:
> > As much as I like vi, I might have to agree with that. The inclusion of
> > kvim and vimpart in popular meta packages could be questioned, at least
> > if it is greedy about file associations.
>
> FWIW, I have kvim and vimpart installed and they have never offered
> themselves as defaults for anything.  I'm not sure what chain of events
> might have led to kvim becoming the default editor on this particular
> system.

That was my suspicion too, but I wasn't sure my memory was correct. I seem to
recall having to actually make kvim the default editor. I just tried
installing vimpart yesterday, and it did not get chosen by default, needs to
be configured before it will try to launch, and currently has a bug filed
against it for not to be embedding correctly, which seems to affect me.

--
Alex Nordstrom