(SOLVED) KDE 3.2.2 slow in starting applications

> * Xaveer Leijtens [Mon, 31 May 2004 00:38:42 +0200]:
>
> > Any other suggestions?
>
>   you could try strace and/or ltrace with -r or -c options, to see if
>   that gives a hint what is making gvim take so long to start.
>
>   also, does the problem happen when you log with a newly created user?
>
> --
> Adeodato Simó

Thanks! The strace didn't help, but since the fresh user didn't suffer my
problems, I removed my gtk/gnome config files (kde configs had already
been changed) which solved the problem. Times are now around 0.7 seconds!

Thanks to all who replied.

Xaveer