KDE 3.2.2 slow in starting applications

Hi,

When I start gvim from konsole in KDE (3.2.2), it takes between 2
seconds and sometimes over 1 minute(!) to start. Most of the time it
takes around 7 seconds. I have a laptop 1.2 GHz, 512 ram and this
happens also if no swap has been used. It is slow on starting other
applications as well, but my editor should really be snappy, so for gvim
it hurts most. When I use blackbox with the same kernel (2.6.5), it
starts within 1.5 seconds, which is OK. Plain vim starts immediately.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Xaveer