[OT] kde-i18n-ar?

Hey all,

I just asked at #debian-kde, but no-one seemed to want to (or know an)
answer, so I'm hoping this is the right place.

I recently installed Mandrake 10 on another disk to, well, have a look,
and I was happily surprised when I saw it offers Arabic support. Back
in Debian, I thought I'd apt-get install kde-i18n-ar, but it's not
there.

Is that merely the case because i18n-ar is not a part of the official
KDE distribution, as I learned soon thereafter? And if it is, does that
mean even if someone would package it, it wouldn't be included in
Debian?

Greets,
Tom