Re: screensavers can't be configured anymore in kde 3.2.2

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:55:45 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>After upgrading from 3.1.5 to 3.2.2 the screensavers work but cannot
>be configured, none of them.

I've seen a few people posting about broken screensavers in KDE 3.2.x
lately, so it seems maybe worth posting a link to my post on
2.March.2004  about KDE 3.1.x screensaver breakage :

I gave some details of what I found the problem actually was in that
case, and how to fix it.

What I should have done was file a bug or two ... slipped up there.

BTW I see there is another related-sounding bug already filed :
  "KDE lists screensavers that aren't installed"
(filed in September 2003)
as well as Frans's
  "Can't configure some screensavers any more"

Nick Boyce
An obscure art no longer practiced in the world's developed countries.