Re: screensavers can't be configured anymore in kde 3.2.2

On Fri, 21 May 2004 13:55:45 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>After upgrading from 3.1.5 to 3.2.2 the screensavers work but cannot
>be configured, none of them.

I've seen a few people posting about broken screensavers in KDE 3.2.x
lately, so it seems maybe worth posting a link to my post on
2.March.2004  about KDE 3.1.x screensaver breakage :

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2004/03/msg00012.html

I gave some details of what I found the problem actually was in that
case, and how to fix it.

What I should have done was file a bug or two ... slipped up there.

BTW I see there is another related-sounding bug already filed :
  "KDE lists screensavers that aren't installed"
(filed in September 2003)
as well as Frans's
  "Can't configure some screensavers any more"

Cheers
Nick Boyce
Bristol,UK
--
Arithmetic:
An obscure art no longer practiced in the world's developed countries.