Re: default file permissions

Silvan schrieb:
On Thursday 13 May 2004 12:18 pm, Ulrich Fürst wrote:

You're right, thanks. I'll change to "user" instead of "staff" (of
course I trust my wife but I'm not sure about myself ;-) ). No o.k. I
just feel better I guess using a group that is made for it.

Or make your own and set it up how you want. We have our own group. Group 700. Easy to set up, and that way no accidents, since you get to explicitly configure everything that's available to that particular group independent of package management.

I took our last name for the group name. With a little incident. I forgot to change the owner of /home/ It stayed to staff. So KDE couldn't start, because it had no write access to the home directory ;-)

read you, Ulrich

P.S. of course I changed the owner of /home/ and subdirectories allready.