Re: default file permissions

Nathaniel W. Turner schrieb:

On Monday 10 May 2004 11:48 am, Birgit und Ulrich Fürst wrote:

By the way. Is it bad to use staff instead of user as group? I didn't
find any system files using staff.

FWIW, The staff group has write access to everything under /usr/local. As /usr/local/bin is in everyone's path by default, only trusted users should be put in the staff group.

You're right, thanks. I'll change to "user" instead of "staff" (of course I trust my wife but I'm not sure about myself ;-) ). No o.k. I just feel better I guess using a group that is made for it.

Thank you

Ulrich