Re: printer driver trouble

Robert Packer wrote:
HI,

I've been trying to add a printer, actually I've tried to install two different printers and get the same error. When I go to the Add Printer wizard and I choose a driver to use from the list provided in the driver selection window and click next I get the error:

Unable to load the requested driver:
Unable to create the Foomatic driver
[whichEverDriverIChoose]. Either that driver does not exist, or you don't have the required permissions to perform that operation.

Sorry for asking but are you root or do you try that as a user?
AFAIK you have to add printer as root. Sure it's like that in cups.

Ulrich