Re: Arts, network transparency, nas.

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 15:02, Achim Bohnet wrote:
> > Ideas anyone?
>
> Well X11 guys seem to favor mas.  There is also a mas arts
> output plugin, but I don't know how stable it is.  At least
> it's not included in debian artsd. There's also NMN and JACK.
> As usual you have the choice.  Last time I checked
> kde-multimedia there was quite some discussion what to use
> instead of arts for KDE4 in the KDE multimedia framework.

Thank you for all your advice. I am still not clear on exactly what method I
want to use in the end.

I finally got sound working on my server yesterday, and I tested running
kaffeine over ssh. I am surprised how well that works. I can even run
visualisations over the network seemingly with almost no frame skipping.

Thanks again.

Anders E. Andersen

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.2.2 on Debian GNU/Linux