Re: Login Manager

On Sunday 02 May 2004 06:15, Bruce Park shaped the electrons to shout:
> Hey guys,
>
> I've been trying to solve this problem ever since I did an upgrade on
> my system. Currently, I'm running KDE 3.2 in Sarge and ever since I did
> the upgrade, I've been having this weird font problem with the "login
> manager." You can view the screen shot at
> http://www.dolda2000.com/~bpark/snapshot5.png.
>
> I also was checking out /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers and noticed that the
> first line
>
> (that's not commented) looks like this:
> :0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp vt7
>
> as where the old file looked like:
> :0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 75 -nolisten tcp vt7

This is only for old monitors, newers are very close to 100 dpi, at least.

> I actually like the new file better since fonts are bigger but I have a
> strong suspicion that this is causing the weird font error. I'm open to
> any suggestions on how to fix this problem. As I really don't know that
> much about how KDE operates, please realize that this is the reason why
> I have posted this problem. Any help or suggestion will be greatly
> appreciated.

Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager -> Select
"Administrator Mode" -> Fonts

--
  ricardo galli       GPG id C8114D34
  http://mnm.uib.es/~gallir/