Re: Login Manager

* Bruce Park [Sun, 02 May 2004 00:15:05 -0400]:
> Hey guys,

> I've been trying to solve this problem ever since I did an upgrade on my
> system. Currently, I'm running KDE 3.2 in Sarge and ever since I did the
> upgrade, I've been having this weird font problem with the "login manager."
> You can view the screen shot at
> http://www.dolda2000.com/~bpark/snapshot5.png.

  Ah, the login manager, as it's run as root, gets the font settings
  from /root/.kde*. So if you want to change it, you should run KDE as
  root once and change the settings in the control center *OR* (better)
  copy your ~/.kderc (I think) to /root/.kderc *OR* (even better) let it
  as ugly us it is now so you want to stay root as short as possible ;-).

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

If you want the holes in your knowledge showing up try teaching someone.
                -- Alan Cox