Re: Login Manager

Antiphon wrote:
Bruce Park wrote:

Hey guys,

I've been trying to solve this problem ever since I did an upgrade on my system. Currently, I'm running KDE 3.2 in Sarge and ever since I did the upgrade, I've been having this weird font problem with the "login manager." You can view the screen shot at http://www.dolda2000.com/~bpark/snapshot5.png.

I also was checking out /etc/kde3/kdm/Xservers and noticed that the first line (that's not commented) looks like this:
:0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -nolisten tcp vt7

as where the old file looked like:
:0 local@tty1 /usr/X11R6/bin/X -dpi 75 -nolisten tcp vt7

I actually like the new file better since fonts are bigger but I have a strong suspicion that this is causing the weird font error. I'm open to any suggestions on how to fix this problem. As I really don't know that

KDM by default is set to run X at 100dpi. Your fonts are ugly like that because you have a nonscalable font. Change to a TrueType or Postscript font for your system font and things will be fine.

Antiphon,

Thanks for responding. Where can I change the system font? I know I have TrueType fonts on my system but I'm not aware of where to find the settings for these things.

bp