Re: Konqueror does not work with international domain names

Am Sunday 04 April 2004 15:38 schrieb Hendrik Sattler:
> how do I make those IDNs work within konquerors address bar?
> All I get from Konqueror is
> An error occurred while loading http://:
> No hostname specified.

For all interested people:

It states that the idn lib is runtime detected.
However, installing package libidn11 is NOT enough, you also MUST install
package libidn11-dev.

Why? The same problem as always: Debian does not ship the /usr/lib/libidn.so
in libidn11 but only in the development package libidn11-dev. However,
runtime detection does look for exactly that name.

My suggestion is to either make libidn11 include the link or make package
kdelibs4 suggest or recommend libidn11-dev (or even depend on it)?
I'll make a comment about this, maybe the maintainer can close the bug report

        oder über pgp.net