Re: handle-nuisances-minirant [was Re: KDM problem]

On Tue March 30 2004 02:47 am, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
 ] But in this case, since it worked before, some change must have been made
 ] upstream.

 Indeed, and that would be my primary complaint about this one.

 Keep in mind that I do agree, btw.  I think kdm should, in the absence of
 any specified user preference, launch you into kde.  And I don't think an
 upgrade should remove any user-level preferences about wm's.

 ] Isn't it a better idea to just give people a working session, and let the
 ] people who need something else select it instead. Surely you are not loosing
 ] a lot by having a few people log in to find that they don't like the session
 ] they get, then log out again, select the correct one and go on from there.

 Hehe .. you do realise that that's exactly what happened to you, right?

 All you had to do was log out of your twm session, select KDE and go on
 from there.

 I'm starting to feel all nostalgic about the days when just getting that
 clunky ol' twm thing coming up was cause for much excitement.

 Jedd.