Re: No sound on Debian with KDE 3.2, kernel 2.6.3

Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2004 03:58 schrieb Udo Hoerhold:
> Hi,
> I've installed KDE 3.2 on a Debian stable system (with a few packages
> from testing and a 2.6.3 kernel), and sound isn't working.  [...]
> ALSA is compiled into the kernel.  I have i8x0 audio, which I've
> tried compiled in, and as a module.  [..]

Unfortunatly, the link seems to be down.
In the Google Cache you can find

Re: KDE 3.2 Broke my ALSA sound
by Alexander Malashenko on Thursday 01/Jan/2004, @14:38
To solve the problem You should run as root an alsamixer command in the
terminal window, go to the "External Amplifier Power Down" item and
press M button. That's all.

You can also read in the german computer technic magazin c`t something
similar in the KDE3.2 article.

Regarding the /dev/dsp problem you might follow the hints of James