Re: Update of libxrender causes relocation error on startup of KDE

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 12:17:49PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> These type of errors wrt relocation errors seem to be fairly common with
> KDE. However, I have never seen them on my own box. Perhaps you need to
> disable prelink completely for the error to go away? Even with the new
> libxrender1 I can still run KDE fine and get no error messages related
> to relocations in .xsession-errors

I'm not sure, whether this problem is related only to prelink.  I've had
prelink-ed few libs and binaries (openoffice suggested it during install),
but I completely removed prelink and reinstalled all packages, for which
md5sum did not match.  Now I don't have any prelinked (modified) files in
system (according to debsums), but problem still remains. ;(  Any other
suggestions (besides xreneder 0.8.2)?

th.