Update of libxrender causes relocation error on startup of KDE

On startup I get an error message, "Could not start kdeinit...", and the
first few lines of ~/.xsession-errors look like this

startkde: Starting up...
kdeinit: relocation error: /usr/lib/libXcursor.so.1: undefined symbol:
XRenderFindStandardFormat
startkde: Could not start kdeinit. Check your installation.
Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
_KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root

KDE does start up nevertheless. This happens, apparently, after
yesterday's update to libxrender1. I'm using the prelink package to
prelink all executables and shared libs. To make sure the error isn't
caused by some inconsistent state I freshly prelinked everything, but
the error persisted afterwards. Going back to libxrender1 0.8.2-1
helped, though. Otherwise I'm running the latest sid.

I'm not sure against which package I should file a bug report.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig           Contests between male toads over females are
mailto:michael@schuerig.de     often settled by the depth of the croak.