Re: KDE status report (again)?

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 05:45:25PM -0500, Chris Cheney wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:38:46AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Is it the remaining glibc bugs? (203303, for instance.  Or the hppa
> > breakage.)
>
> There are still 12 RC bugs on glibc, however they don't seem to be
> affecting KDE being compiled on sid. They will of course keep everything
> from migrating to sarge until they are forced in again.

No, they won't: glibc bugs only stop packages migrating to testing when
libc6.shlibs differs between testing and unstable, which is not the case
at the moment.

KDE should have relatively few external reasons for being held out of
testing now, I think. Internal reasons I hope you're dealing with. :)

> > I ask partly because I'm really eager to get KDE 3 into testing, and
> > partly cause I can sometimes do something about gcc bugs.
>
> Me too. :)
>
> I am going to try to upload kdebase tonight if I feel up to it.

A new kdebase would be great; we might be able to start the countdown to
testing then, or at least see more clearly what needs to be done. I'll
try to produce a KDE testing status report at some point similar to the
one I did for Python recently.